DNS Probe Finished NXDomain or dns_probe_finished_nxdomain is the most common error you might have come across while browsing the internet on Google Chrome. It only indicates that your connection is not established between the browser and website. As it should be cleared by the name, this error deals with the DNS only.
Before proceeding, you must know the purpose of DNS. The DNS is used to resolve and translate the addresses. This error is usually shown when the DNS is unable to complete the translation work.It is programmed in the router and your computer will have the connection as soon as you enter the password.However, it is possible to change the DNS to the public for more better and secure service.
Methods To Fix dns_probe_finished_nxdomain
In case of error, you can fix it in different ways which are mentioned below, all you have to do is follow them. Maybe one method will work for your system and other will not so don’t be disheartened if one method doesn’t work for your system. So, follow the methods and try them out to fix dns_probe_finished_nxdomain or DNS Probe Finished NXDomainerror.
Method 1: Change DNS Address To Google DNS
It is the easiest, simplest and most-used method to fix DNS probe finished NXDomain error. All you need to do is change the DNS Address to Google DNS. It doesn’t require any complicated steps, so follow the steps and run your browser in no time.
- Right-click on the network icon placed at the right-bottom of your screen. Choose the option Open Network and Sharing Center.
- A new window will be opened so click on the Change adapter settings placed at the top left.
- When a new window will open, right-click on the internet connection that is connected and click on the Properties
- The Wi-Fi Properties window will open, double click on the option Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Click on the “Use the following DNS server addresses” button and then type the address of the server then press OK,
- Preferred DNS Server: 8.8.8
- Alternate DNS Server: 8.4.4
Once you are done with the steps, open Google Chrome and check the internet connection. You must be able to run the net easily but if not then don’t lose hope, simply follow the method listed below.
Method 2: Fix Via Command Prompt
If you are a tech-geek then most probably you already know this method. Therefore, this step works closely with command prompt. If you have Window 10 installed then the command prompt option is replaced by the PowerShell that provides same features as CMD and much better qualities.
- Right-click on the Start button (Window logo) and search for the CMD [Window PowerShell (Admin)]option.
- Once the prompt window is open, enter ipconfig/release command and press enter.
- Then type ipconfig/all command and press enter. Repeat this process with other commands as well:
- netsh int ip set DNS
- netshwinsock reset
Once you are done with all the commands, simply restart your computer which will put all the changes in effect. When the computer boots up, now you must be able to connect to the computer.If you are not confident in changing your network setting or doubt your command prompt skills then you can simply make few modifications in the Google Chrome.
Method 3: Modification Google Chrome
If the above two methods are not able to solve your dns_probe_finished_nxdomain error then you can simply make few changes in the Google Chrome that can connect the internet. It is a simple process as related to the other methods.
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your system, then in the address bar type chrome://flags/and press enter.
- This will redirect you to the next page that may look a bit intimidating, click on the option Reset all to default on that window.
- Now shut your Google Chrome application and relaunch it.
These steps must be able to solve your DNS probe finished nxdomainerror. Still, if it is not solved then you can follow the next method.
Method 4: Restart The DNS Client
Many people think that dns_probe_finished_nxdomain error is due to the Chrome which is actually not true. It is possible that the error is due to the DNS Client issues too. Top solve it out, it is pretty simple, just restart the DNS client and it will work normally again. The best thing is that if you are not good with commands then this is simply for you as it doesn’t require any additional tool. Here are the simple steps that can get rid of DNS probe finished nxdomain.
- You need to open the Run menu by pressing Window+R
- A menu will open. In the search bar, enter mscand press OK.
- You will get a list option. Search for DNS Client.
- Right-click on the option and choose
- Then simply close the menu once it is reset.
After this, go back and check the internet browser for the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain error. After this, the error must be fixed, if in case it is not, then follow the method listed below.
Method 5: Disable DNS Software
As it is suggested by the name only that DNS probe finished nxdomainerror can exist outside the Chrome due to DNS. However, Virtual Private Network (VPN) is one of thereasons for this error. When a VPN is left on or when you turn it off, it can hit the internet making it impossible for you to access the internet.Simply turn the VPN off and check the internet connectivity.
The methods listed above must be enough to fix the issue. But there can be a number of chances when theses solution won’t work then at that time keep in mind that some errors are not due to your browser but because of your internet.
However, the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain should be solved and make sure you don’t face it again. If you can’t get rid of it than simply reinstall your browser and you are good to go.