Universal Serial Bus is one of the most familiar devices which are being used for transferring data from one device to another. Device Descriptor Request Failed windows article will be very help for who are searching for how to fix device descriptor request in windows 7/8/10
USB includes a very user-friendly interface which we can easily operate on. We have tried to provide you best solutions here in this content to resolve the error Device Descriptor Request Failed.
but sometimes a Device Descriptor request get failed and hence the related error is shown on our screen whenever you go for connecting a USB drive to your system.
Fix Device Descriptor Request Failed Windows
If your external USB device is not recognized by Windows 10 and you are continuously facing meet Unknown USB device error in Device manager, this article is going to help you a lot.
This error generally arises due to several reasons but also comes up with various solutions as well.
Reasons behind the error, Device Descriptor Request Failed
It is one of the annoying errors that you might have faced which prevents you from accessing external USB device to your computer system. You cannot blame a single reason for the error; it mostly arises due to different reasons; such as:
- Corrupted USB controllers can be one of the major reasons behind the error “Device Descriptor Request Failed”.
- If you are using an outdated version of drivers then it may also lead to the issue as well.
- The error sometimes also arises due to the problem in the motherboard of the system.
- Different errors in software, as well as hardware components of your computer system, also lead to this issue.
Solve Device Descriptor Request Failed ?
The error “Device Descriptor Request Failed” generally arises due to certain issues found in the hardware components of your computer system, so before starting with the complex process you first need to try with simplest methods for resolving the troubleshooting; which are:
- Try to connect your device to the different USB port; as sometimes the broken port may be the issue behind the error message.
- You can try connecting device to another computer system as it will enable you to figure out that if the external device has a problem or it is the problem arises due to some software issues.
In case if you have tried with the above methods and still not have found success; read and try the below-provided methods very carefully in order to get rid of this annoying situation.
Solution 1: Remove the power supply: It is one of the simplest methods for device Descriptor Request Failed which work magically with the problem if being caused due to power issues. All you need to do is:
Don’t miss : Disable Fast User Switching
- Detach the power supply plug from your PC.
- Restart your computer system and then connect the USB device to the dedicated port.
- Once done; now plug in the power supply to enjoy hassle-free working.
Solution 2: Uninstalling USB Driver: Uninstalling USB Driver from Device Manager is another perfect solution for resolving this error message. Follow these steps carefully to get it successfully done.
- Open your Device Manager and then expand option Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- Now, locate the USB device which is not being recognized by Windows.
3. Now, make a right click on the device option and then select Uninstall option from the context menu.
4. Once; successfully done with the un installation process; restart your PC which will further all Windows to get reinstall on the device automatically.
Solution 3: Updating USB Driver: This is a perfect solution if the problem arises due to the faulty driver. Just follow the procedure given below to do it successfully.
- Open up your web browser and then search for the option of Driver Easy.
- Download and install the updated version of Driver Easy on your device.
- Now, run Driver Easy and then click on the option of Scan Now. It will offer a particular scan to your computer system and also enables you to detect the problem Drivers.
- Once done with it successfully; click the Update option to allow automatically download and install the correct version of this Driver on your device. Or you can also click on the Update All which will automatically download and install the correct version of all the Drivers on your device.
Solution 4: Disable Fast Startup
Step 1 : Open up a Run dialog box by pressing the Windows Key and R altogether.
Step 2 : Now, type Control in the run box and then press OK button to go continue with the process. It will allow you to open up Control Panel.
Step 3 : Next, click on the Power option and then select the options that power buttons doing in the left pane.
Step 4 : Once done successfully with it; click on Change Settings which are currently unavailable on your computer system.
Step 5 : Now, move towards the Shutdown Settings option and then ncheck the box next to the option Turn on fast startup.
Step 6 : Once you have done successfully with all the process; click on the Save button to save the changes successfully you have made earlier.
On the successful completion of the entire process; restart your computer system to see if the problem resolves or not.
Solution 5: Change USB Selective Suspend Settings: It is another wonderful solution for rectifying error Device Descriptor Request Failed. Just follow the steps carefully given below:
- Go to the Power Options and then press on the option of Show Additional Plans.
- Once done; now, click on Change Settings which are currently unavailable on your computer system.
- Now, select option High Performance and then press on Change Plan Settings option.
- Once done; now click on the option of Change Advanced Power Settings followed by pressing Change Settings options which are currently unavailable.
- On the successful completion of the above process; allow locating USB settings and then expand it to go further with the process.
- Next, expand USB Selective Suspend Settings option and then disable both ON battery and Plugged in Settings options.
- Once you have done successfully with the entire process; now click Apply option and then wait for the process to get completed.
- Reboot your computer system in order avail the changes successfully made.